As vehicle theft is ever-present and thieves are becoming increasingly sophisticated and finding ways to bypass vehicle security systems, vehicle tracking devices (trackers) can be a valuable option to give you some piece of mind and security when you take out a lease with AMT.
We partner with SmarTrack to offer our customers a vehicle tracking system that is Thatcham accredited and installed by approved installation centres. This service is available to business and personal leasing customers alike.
How it works
SmarTrack works to reduce the risk of vehicle theft. If you are unfortunate enough to have your vehicle stolen, it's GPS technology can pinpoint the vehicle location, allowing the police to recover the vehicle quickly.
- Gives you enhanced vehicle security with the latest stolen vehicle tracking technology
- Can be instrumental in helping the police recover stolen vehicles, before they are damaged
- Having a vehicle tracker in place can potentially lower your insurance premiums
- The tracker can be moved from car to car making this a long-term purchase
Two different products are available - SmarTrack Trident Category 6 and SmarTrack Category 5. Both products share a number of features:
- Monitored 24 hours in-house via a secure control centre
- Detects if the car is towed away
- Detects if the vehicle battery is disconnected
- Detects attempts to tamper with the tracking device
- Full european cover
- Full conformance and electro-magnetic compatibility testing
- App (Android/ios) for location and self-monitoring
Just let your account manager know you are interested in getting a vehicle tracker added to your new lease car and they can arrange this for you.